Monday, 14 April 2014

April Inspiration

Hello friends
Remember me??
I know, I know its been a while ....
life is really busy at the moment and I'm playing catch up with everything...
I'm always terribly late!
 
Over at the fabulous  Inspiration Emporium the monthly theme is up
"Using a few of your favourite things!"
Check out all about how to enter here
 (You may even win some Inspiration dollars!)
 
The sun has been shining so
 I managed to get some shed time today .....
it had been so long that my shed was covered in cobwebs
more on that later!
I thought I would share some of my favourite things....
 Distress paints, Burlap and idea-ology!!
Here's what I created!
I took a sheet of glassine paper and scrunched it up, I love the effect you get when you unravel it,
I then cut it down to the size of my burlap panel and stuck it down using glossy accents
Using two #8 Ranger manila tags I applied distress paints
to colour, when the tags were dry I  splattered the left over paint to the tags.
I then trimmed the tops of the tags off and placed them top and bottom of one of the tags
and sewed around the edges
I stamped using the stamp set Purveyer from Tim Holtz/stampers Anon in Archival ink
I cut down one of the found relatives and added lots of idea-olgy
As always feel free to leave a comment great to know you popped by!
 
Just to quickly show you how covered my shed is in cobwebs here's just the door!
I had to arm myself with my henry hoover as there are mutant spiders lurking in there! 
Wishing you a spider free week!
 
kaz
xx
 




17 comments:

  1. Very cute and well worth the wait, I especially love all the stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was only thinking the other day we'd not seen anything of you or by you for ages.. hope you're ok. Love the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kaz. This is wonderful. Your talent is amazing. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is always so inspiring! We are entering spider season around here, too, but after the winter we just experienced, I am not going to complain about a few cob webs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great panel! Love all your stitching. Hope you get the spiders under control!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is awesome Kaz. Love how you used the monocle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is divine Kaz and so worth waiting for, love all the elements you have used and that gorgeous focal image. Not so sure about the spiders though lol. Enjoy the Easter break xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag! The shed, however, looks as though it was getting ready for Halloween!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag - love the effect with the glassine. LOL at the spider webs! Enjoy your free time! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Burlap Panel! I have never used Glassine before.... think I need to give it go! Love how you layered and sewed your tags... cool idea! Yikes... now those are some mighty fine cobwebs!!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!! (Be sure to keep your shoes!!! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it Kaz !! Those Found Relatives are so fun ... I'm actually working with one now for this Challenge ( it's taken so many turns... I'll finish it eventually) ! I love the inspiration in your work!
    And I thought my area was covered...spider webs everywhere... gotta get that cleaned up...but it's more fun to look at your and the other Designers work !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blimey Kaz, the spiders are hard workers in your garden! :) Your project is gorgeous. The painted tags & glassine paper look great & I love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! Love the bright color mixed with vintage, and what you did to the eye glass is fabulous! Gorgeous work! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yowza - that's a lot of spidery business! The panel is stunning. Love the rustic-y look of the panel and glassine with the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Piece Kaz, well worth the wait.
    Eek those spiders have been trying to be creative with your shed, that's one of the reasons why I decided not to have a craft shed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE all the stitching and all the elements on your tag! Awesome as always! Eww on the spiders ....

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE all the stitching al all the elements on your tag. Awesome as always!! Eww on the spiders though...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx