Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Vintage Hanging

Hello friends

Hope you are all good! 

Today I'm celebrating another birthday....
Eeek........I am feeling old!!

So today
 I'm going to treat myself to a day of doing what I love to do the most.....
drinking coffee, eating cake and a spot of vintage shopping.....
(Fingers crossed I come home with lots of vintage goodies...... would be so rude not too right?!)

 But first I will share this make with you......
Yesterday I had a much needed day in the shed.....
It was so cold but I felt so much better for having some creative time, just for me,,,,

Last weekends junkin turned up this cool vintage photo
Its a great photo of a group
of rather dapper gentleman....
I decided to make a hanging using an old book cover....
(yes I'm the grim reaper of books!)
After stitching around the photo I backed it onto an old text page
I then added beeswax
I distressed some tags using distress inks (vintage photo and brushed corduroy)
I love the cheeky chap with his arms folded.....
he looks like he's up to mischief!
I used an Ideao-logy word plate then coloured it with alcohol ink (copper)
I then added some of my vintage finds
As always feel free to leave a comment
Always great to know you popped by

Right I'm off to enjoy some birthday cake
Have a fabulous week!!
Kaz
x

P.s.
(
A huge thank you already, for all the good wishes and presents........
I really appreciate each and every one)



21 comments:

  1. Wow wow and wow I LOVE THIS! Can you tell? Just amazing x trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you hve a great day and don't over do it on the cake, you may regret it later... ;0)

    Love the hanging, looks fab on that book cover, - great photo find too, that cheeky chap looks just like my neighbour... love all the messy stitching and other additions, - makes for a great composition!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kaz, hope you get some awesome vintage shopping done - then we can see more beautiful creations like today's ! I swear it looks like my great grandfather looking so mischievous in this one:-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I love this project great idea using the old book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you!
    And that photograph is a treasure by itself, but you really turned it into a treasure even more precious! Veeeery beautiful! I so admire your creative art!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a Brilliant Birthday Kaz! And I hope you find a Fabulous Vintage Goodie for your collections! Love this project, you've been on a wonderful rolls with these!!! Start offering them for sale!!!! Cheers!! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a Happy Birthday, Kaz. Hope you have lots of fun shopping and look forward to more of your vintage creations. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAZ!!! I hope you find treasures galore (especially pictures that will inspire works of art like this one!!) I love your hanging! I know some people don't like the destruction of books...I look at it this way- some books never deserved to be books in the first place! (some aren't worthy of the ink and paper!!) Then you have the ones that were ....if they have seen better days and are headed to the bin...this gives them a second life! You have more than done this book justice in your Art!
    (PS I like the chap with the mustache in the upper right. LOL)
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So utterly amazing. I'd love to go junkie with you some day. Have a wonderful, beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kaz, a very happy birthday!! Love this vintage hanging, great picture and great details! HugsFrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous make happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Kaz....have a great day shopping x your hanging is so wonderful with that great photo, wonderful vintage embellies and findings, completed by the stitching. Sadly my machine only has one stitch as its pretty old !!!! But I love it and its sentimental too. TFS and best wishes

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!!! I'm sure that right about now you are walking around with a armful of cool stuff and your mind is thinking of all the creative projects that you will be sharing with us! Woohoo! When I get to see awesome blog post, just like your blog post today, I feel like I get a present, so thank you for all the wonderful gifts you share :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUSNESS.... Happy Birthday to you!!! Lotsa love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad I saw this before the end of the day - Happy Birthday Kaz!! As always, this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous vintage piece, love how you have showcased and embellished the vintage image and as always I love your random stitching and design. Happy Birthdsy. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a fabulous day!!
    Love your project and that photo is priceless. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy, happy Birthday Kaz! Hope you came home with some fun vintage treasures. Love this piece. The old book cover makes a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday, sorry I missed it. That is a stunning work of art, I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this!
    Happy Birthday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous, and so you! Love every stitched and vintage bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx