Thursday, 7 November 2013

Movember tag



Hello friends

Hope you are all good
WOW.....can you believe its already November.....

and that means one thing....

a very worthy cause and I just LOVE the moustache!

So with that in mind I was inspired to use this original vintage photograph .....
This rather dapper gentleman is so  rockin a mighty fine moustache!!
I started with a Ranger #10 manilla tag and added some of Wendy Vecchis Embossing paste through a Layering stencil by Tim Holtz (I used Burlap one)
when dry I then used distress inks (vintage photo and walnut stain)
I then added some stitching to the tag and photo and some remnant rub-ons
I distressed the edges of the photo using my Tim holtz scissors
and added a vintage label under the photo.
I then used beeswax all over the tag, which makes it a translucent look and gives a really 
cool vintage look
The numbers, lace, pen nib and key are from my own stash of vintage finds....
I then added my favourite Idea-ology, which was coloured using alcohol inks (copper)
I then backed the tag onto some mount board which was covered in vintage newspaper
which I then added more beeswax to.
To finish I added some rusty wire to create a hanging

I hope you like ......
As always feel free to leave a comment...great to know you popped by 

Have a very 
fan-tash-tic week

Kaz 
x








23 comments:

  1. I love your tags, Kaz! Always so much to look at and so many layers of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is always so stunning, Kaz! Love your play with rusty elements, vintage newspaper and scraps, metal embellishments, the stitching and the lovely photographs!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tag, fabulous job showcasing your vintage bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooo beautiful,
    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you bring a group of eclectic elements together to make a fantastic piece of art. The dashing satche guy makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a very special tag! I love all the details that go into your projects. Always a delight to visit your site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, but hey I love all you do, you are a natural at making things special

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tag Kaz. I love how you achieved the aged process. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous details, I love the rustiness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word this is fabulous. Love it. The gentlemen is amazing he looks so very dashing. Brilliant find. Love the way you have distressed the word plate at the bottom. The lace is stunning, need to get me some ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dad has sported a moustache for as long as I can remember (57!) so this has prompted some ideas for his birthday next when he turns 80 - so MANY thanks for a brilliant idea that I may well pay around with :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruggedly and manishly FABULOUS!!!! Love every single bit and stitch, and great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you use so many elements that come together perfectly to create this fab tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're producing some stunning work lateky Kaz, are you enjoying yor freedom?
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another gorgeous piece Kaz. Do you display your work in your studio? Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen
      As my workspace is a small shed I tend to have it collect dust around the house xx

      Delete
  16. I'm intrigued by the beeswax. I have seen it used before, but it was much more yellow than yours seems to be. And as the Queen of Impatience, I don't think I could wait for it to melt for me to use. Yup, that impatient.

    No surprise you jumped into the Movember theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this tag and that moustashe is just amazing
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning tag Kaz and the gentleman is very dapper. Love all the elements you have used

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally wonderful Kaz! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kaz....your vintage work is just simply flawless and gorgeous beyond words. I so love your work! This mustached gentleman has never looked better than being featured on this work of art! I love all of your gritty, rusted metal finds that you've added to the already fabulous distressed and grungy machine stitched tag. Absolute perfection!! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for passing by the little shabby shed....your comments mean so much xx